Monday, February 18, 2008

Stumble[d]Upon!

StumbleUpon! made my day today! Here's how. May seem trivial to the bright and the elite, but much to my amusement, I came across something funny yet very thoughtful (given that I am a mechanical guy after all) in a random website hosting these quotes-

(Need I say anything in testimony of one Mr. D.H. Lawrence?)
  • Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.
  • Design in art, is a recognition of the relation between various things, various elements in the creative flux. You can't invent a design. You recognize it, in the fourth dimension. That is, with your blood and your bones, as well as with your eyes.
  • But better die than live mechanically a life that is a repetition of repetitions.
  • I am in love - and, my God, it is the greatest thing that can happen to a man. I tell you, find a woman you can fall in love with. Do it. Let yourself fall in love. If you have not done so already, you are wasting your life.
The following (last) one totally cracked me up. Any of my 'chaddi dosths' or fellow NITTwits from pre-Chambana times would certainly vouch, in particular, for my unique sixth sense! Or is it one of the five? :-)
  • I like to write when I feel spiteful. It is like having a good sneeze.
Three cheers to that grand sneeze!

Till next..

4 comments:

Yamini Chandrasekaran said...

you visit random websites to check quotes? never knew ;-)

MaVeRicK said...

Yup... every now and then, for esoteric reasons :-)

Yamini Chandrasekaran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yamini Chandrasekaran said...

I kind of have a feeling that the reasons are more arbit than esoteric ;-)